The 24-hour digital event, called #RestoreOurFuture, will showcase the unprecedented restoration action that has been achieved over the last decade, across all time zones. During this 24-hour period an exciting programme of live activity will launch, including: videos, new case study interviews, live panels and more!
Global leaders and restoration champions will celebrate the diversity of benefits that FLR brings and call for increased global commitments from governments to reach the 2030 target of 350 million hectares under restoration, in advance of the UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration.
Influencers and spokespeople already involved include Bianca Jagger, Dr. Bruno Oberle (Director General, IUCN), Jochen Flasbarth (State Secretary, BMU), and thousands of other government ministers, indigenous leaders, youth activists and restoration champions.
We invite you to join the event live on the day and share your experiences and thoughts on why restoration is an essential solution to tackling climate change, economic and social issues.
Visit the #RestoreOurFuture communications toolkit below to find assets and videos that you can use, and ideas on ways in which you can take part in the global event.
Top 5 ways to get involved on 2 September:
- Follow @IUCN_Forests on Twitter and the #RestoreOurFuture hashtag.
- Share videos/photos/news articles of any restoration project that you have been a part of or that inspire you.
- Share a video of you talking to a camera about why forest and landscape restoration is important to you.
- Share content in the communications toolkit, and retweet and engage with the live content during the day.
- Remember to share all content on #RestoreOurFuture on Wednesday 2 September.